Understanding Veteran BenefitsAt McClellan Senior Living, we want to provide as much support as possible to our residents and guests. If you or your loved one is a veteran, you may be eligible for additional assistance when making your transition to our community. The United States Department of Veteran Affairs has established a program to provide aid to help cover assisted living costs for veterans and their spouses for which you may be eligible. Contact Our Community for More Information
How much does the VA aid and attendance pay toward your monthly cost?We want to thank all of the residents, families, and visitors that have served in the United Sates military for their outstanding service and unwavering commitment to our county.
Please visit the link below to learn more about the current VA pension rates for veterans and their spouses.
VA Pension Information
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) reviews the following four areas to determine Aid and Attendance eligibility:1. Military Service
- Veteran must have served a minimum of 90 days of active duty. 1 of those days must be during a period of war:
- World War II – 12/7/41 through 12/31/46
- Korean Conflict – 6/27/50 through 1/31/55
- Vietnam – 8/5/64 through 5/7/75*
- The Veteran must have received a discharge from active duty under conditions other than dishonorable *also Veterans who served in the Republic of Vietnam – 2/28/61-5/7/75
- The need for assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) – bathing, dressing, transferring, toileting, medication management etc. or
- The claimant is legally blind or nearly blind, or
- A diagnosis by a doctor of Alzheimer’s disease or Dementia